Red Flags for Children
Speech and Language Red Flags
SPEECH AND LANGUAGE RED FLAGS FOR REFERRAL
- Decreased eye contact during interactions.
- Decreased/ absent response to sounds or voices.
- Is not babbling by 8 months.
Sensory Processing Red Flags
DEVELOPMENT OF SENSORY PROCESSING SKILLS RED FLAGS FOR REFERRAL
- Sleep disturbances, unable to fall asleep or remain sleeping.
- Having a hard to calming themselves down appropriately.
- Overly upset with change in routine.
Feeding / Oromotor Red Flags
FEEDING/ OROMOTOR RED FLAGS FOR REFERRAL
- Coughing/ choking or gagging during bottle or breast feeding.
- Raspy “wet” vocal quality shortly after bottle or breast feeding
- Ongoing poor weight gain.