Feeding / Oromotor Red Flags
FEEDING/ OROMOTOR RED FLAGS FOR REFERRAL
- Coughing/ choking or gagging during bottle or breast feeding.
- Raspy “wet” vocal quality shortly after bottle or breast feeding
- Ongoing poor weight gain.
- Decreased tolerance/ difficulty transitioning to pureed food.
- Decreased tolerance/ difficulty transitioning to sippy cup or open cup.
- Decreased tolerance/ difficulty transitioning to increased textures including: Stage 2 or 3 baby foods. Crunchy meltables and table foods.
- Frequent coughing or throat clearing during/ shortly after feeding.
- Consistent drooling.
- Refusing to eat certain foods, temperatures or textures.
- Continuing to tolerate only baby foods past 12 months.
- Food repertoire of less than 20 foods at 18+ months.
- Food residue obvious in the mouth post feeds after 18 months.
- Any reoccurring breathing/ chest infections associated with suspect swallowing.